This giveaway has ENDED. Congratulations to Rebecca Collins and Lauraine Ormond!
Stay tuned for more giveaways coming up!
Every now and again something ‘fad’ comes out. You aren’t sure if it’s gimmicky or actually something good. Most of the time you think it is too cheap to work and will collect dust and sit in the cupboard forever.
The ChillFactor Slushy Maker by Funtastic is one of those things that you might think could go either way. It doesn’t cost much (RRP $14.95) and claims to make any drink a slushy in a really short amount of time. So is it a gimmick or not?
All I know is, it hasn’t left our freezer or dish tray since I started reviewing it. I was skeptical, unsure about this one. But 3rd trimester, hot, Central Victoria summer and a fridge too full to hold a jug of chilled water, and I was pretty desperate for this contraption to work! And luckily, it has. Brilliantly in fact.
THE GOOD BITS
* For starters, it really does work. As long as the slushy maker has been in the freezer for long enough and the drink you are turning into a slushy is chilled, then you are guaranteed a slushy will appear in your cup with a few squeezes.
* I also use it a lot just for instant chilled water straight out of the tap, or if I’ve just bought a drink and it hasn’t made it to the fridge yet, then I pour it into my slushy cup. It doesn’t turn it into a slushy, but it makes it so icy cold and awesome without taking up room in the fridge like a big jug of water might or like ice trays do in the freezer.
* It works best with soft drink, but it does a pretty good job of other drinks too, as long as they have already been chilled in the fridge.
* It is easy to clean. All the parts come off easily and are put back together just as easily.
* The straw/spoon is nice and sturdy and really useful…I tried to drink without it once and ended up with slushy all down my shirt. Whoops!
* I find the gel insert has a kind of plastic smell to it. It’s barely noticeable, but I keep getting paranoid that I’ll pierce it without knowing while I’m washing it and end up with the gel in my drink.
* You need more than one. I’ve claimed this one as my own and even my toddler knows that this is “Mum’s Cup” You really need to have a few of them if possible so you can always have one chilled in the freezer if others are in the sink to be washed.
I just saw the SOFT SERVE version of the slushy maker in the Big W catalogue the other day. Um…sounds really, really good.
Check out the website for some awesome drink recipes to try in the maker too!
2 FAMILY PACKS of 4x CHILLFACTOR Slushy Makers (RRP $14.95ea at BIGW or the ChillFactor website)
Want to win a set for your family? Just follow the Rafflecopter Form below.
REMEMBER If you don’t leave a blog comment your entry is not counted!